2021 MPCP Polar Bear Plunge
Fundraising is vital to the success and longevity of our school. In fact, our annual budget relies heavily on fundraising just to meet our basic budget needs.
We thought it might be helpful to explain WHY we need to fundraise:
- Requirement. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, 15% of our total budget must come from fundraising and not from tuition.
- Classroom. Our fundraising efforts will ensure Teacher Shannon has the resources she needs to make our classroom the best possible for our kids!
- Keeps tuition low. MPCP tuition is among the lowest for co-ops like ours. To keep it low, we must raise additional funds to cover our budget needs.
- Longevity. MPCP is a great resource and is an asset to our community.
- Scholarships. Our donations make it possible for families in our community to join co-op that may not otherwise be able to participate.
Now that we’ve touched on why, you’re probably wondering HOW MUCH?
- Our 2021 fundraising goal is $10,000
- With the number of families at our co-op, this breaks down to approximately between $100-250 per family
- One of the most important piece of fundraising success is PARTICIPATION. Please support our co-op at whatever level you can!
And now, onto HOW?
- Due to COVID, we’re going 100% virtual for this year’s Polar Bear Plunge.
- Fundraising takes place through an online donation site. Checks are also accepted. To fundraise, you can ask friends, colleagues, neighbors, family, etc. for donations or many families chose to self-fund. MORE INFO TO COME IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!
- Look into corporate matching from your employer. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, MPCP qualifies for corporate matches and it’s a great way to meet your fundraising goal.
Lastly, we realize how previous time is right now, so we THANK YOU for your help getting us to our fundraising goal!