MPCP utilizes four channels during COVID 19 virtual programming: Zoom, Google Drive, Marco Polo and YouTube.
- Zoom: Classes consist of stories, songs, movement, math and literacy building activities an games. Classes will be held on the same schedule (start time) as our in-person class offerings would have been: https://madisonparkcoop.com/class-info/
- Google Drive: Teacher Shannon uses Google Drive to send out links to virtual field trips, ideas for science experiments, art projects, building challenges, movement ideas, and more activities that families can explore together offline. Google Drive is where Teacher Shannon will empower and inspire MPCP families with the ideas and resources to be your child’s preschool teacher outside of class time.
- Marco Polo: Marco Polo is a call and response video app which will allow MPCP children to communicate asynchronously with Teacher Shannon and the other students in their class. This enables an extension and sharing of experiences of the programming.
- YouTube: Teacher Shannon will continue to provide recorded stories, as well as other experiences such as science experiments, which MPCP families may use to create a quiet moment for yourself or another shared activity. Teacher Shannon’s YouTube channel can be viewed here.
MPCP Adults and Caregivers
- Parent education is a hallmark of the co-op model. In addition to our monthly (virtual) class meeting parent education, MPCP parent educator(s) are available for one-on-one conversations with parents, facilitating small group discussions, having open office hours, etc.