Summer Life Jacket Drive
for Seattle Parks & Recreation Beaches
Help us keep Madison Park Beach and all Seattle beaches safe!
Madison Park Cooperative Preschool is holding a drive to donate life jackets for the City of Seattle’s Life Jacket Loaner program. All donations will go to the purchase of Coast Guard Type II and III life jackets in infant and youth sizes, for distribution at local beaches and pools.
These life jackets will be used by children from the broader Seattle community, including underserved neighborhoods, to keep them safe while fostering a love of our natural and man-made water resources. Thank you for your support!
Seattle beaches open up for summer fun on June 24, so let’s get life jackets to Seattle children as soon as we can.
Fundraising is vital to the success and longevity of our school. In fact, our annual budget relies heavily on fundraising just to meet our basic budget needs.
We thought it might be helpful to explain WHY we need to fundraise:
- Requirement. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, 15% of our total budget must come from fundraising and not from tuition.
- Classroom. Our fundraising efforts will ensure Teacher Shannon has the resources she needs to make our classroom the best possible for our kids!
- Keeps tuition low. MPCP tuition is among the lowest for co-ops like ours. To keep it low, we must raise additional funds to cover our budget needs.
- Longevity. MPCP is a great resource and is an asset to our community.
- Scholarships. Our donations make it possible for families in our community to join co-op that may not otherwise be able to participate.
Now that we’ve touched on why you’re probably wondering HOW MUCH?
- Our 2023 fundraising goal is $15,000
- One of the most important piece of fundraising success is PARTICIPATION. Please support our co-op at whatever level you can!
And now, onto HOW?
- Fundraising takes place through an online donation site. Checks are also accepted. To fundraise, you can ask friends, colleagues, neighbors, family, etc. for donations or many families chose to self-fund.
- Look into corporate matching from your employer. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, MPCP qualifies for corporate matches and it’s a great way to meet your fundraising goal.
Lastly, we realize how precious time is right now, so we THANK YOU for your help in getting us to our fundraising goal!